10.17.2010

Work by artist Russ Mackensen

It is my pleasure to share with you the amazing works of Russ Mackensen. It has barely been even a year since he started working with oil pastels and just look at his skill. In a short amount of time he is taking on the art world with great success. The image that I choose for this post is titled, My Eyes Have Seen. Mackensen's composition brings a thought provoking question. What has she seen? As the heat of the day wraps around her persona like the Keffiyeh on her head. Her eye's have a story to tell. The depth of this painting goes beyond paper. This piece is available for purchase, see link below.

Bio: Russ Mackensen, Having worked as an Architect for over 35 years I produced a lot of drawings and renderings of projects, but was not involved in fine art. Upon the urging of my wife over the last 30 years saying "you could do that" when we were looking at art, I decided to try Oil Pastels in October of 2009.  It felt like a natural medium for me to work in as I was able to get what my mind was seeing onto the ground I was working on. I believe that as a Christian everything I do is summed up by the scripture "For From Him and Through Him and To Him are all things. To Him be the Glory Forever."  In my life and my art I strive to give praise to the Creator of all.

Though I am new to Oil Pastels my work has already been met with some success with pieces juried into the following competitions:

Great Lakes Pastel Society 2010 National Show
Arizona Pastel Artists Association Spring Members Show
Richeson 75  Landscape 2010 Competition
Oil Pastel Society 2010 Members Show - Honorable Mention

I am a member of:

The Oil Pastel Society  www.oilpastelsociety.com
Arizona Pastel Artists Association

Titled: My Eyes Have Seen
20" x 16" oil pastel of a widow in Afghanistan in 2002 framed behind museum glass.
http://paintersshowcase.com/listing/my-eyes-have-seen

To see more paintings from Russ Mackensen, visit http://paintersshowcase.com/gallery/russ-mackensen-fine-art

No comments: