8.20.2009

Pinnacle Peak watercolor painting



Summer as been very hectic, and I'm taking a breath here. I'm in the middle of packing up for a move. I came across this watercolor that I painted in '89' . It is so different from what I've been doing lately, I decided to throw it on Etsy.

Title: Pinnacle Peak
Media: watercolor and textured paper
Dimensions: 28" x 22"
Date of Work: 1989

Inspired by my visit to the desert in Arizona at Tucson’s Pinnacle Peak.

This original watercolor is painted on professional arches paper with tissue overlay that creates an unique rouged texture. Colors used in this palette are browns, greens, plums, burnt sienna and a hint of blue.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to getting settled so I can get back to some serious blogging.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the painting- the softness of it and the colors, nice...
Karen

Unknown said...

thanks for coming by my blog and your kind words-a toast!

Karen