11.01.2010

Painting by Deborah Hill



Artist Deb Hill has dedicated her talents to the world of Fantasy, Surreal, Nature and Landscapes.  I ran across Deb's enchanting style of watercolor and acrylics while browsing through the multitude of artist on Etsy. Her work truly stood out as one of the best. I am thrilled to announce that she has graciously decided to derisive and sell with Painter's Showcase too. The fluidity of her work intrigued me the most as she masters the movement of her subjects, I was pulled under with a magical sense of oceanic splendor. It doesn’t stop there; her imagination broadens to dragons, castles, frogs and fantasy creatures. Hill 's particular love for birds shows through her delightful whimsical works portraying ravens with personalities that put a smile on my face. This painting "Finding Water" is available for purchase. Click on the link below.
Bio: After several years of working in the decorative painting field doing murals and faux finishes I’ve returned to my first love of fine art. I thoroughly enjoy the smaller format and there is very little more refreshing than putting paint down on a beautiful piece of watercolor paper or crisp white canvas. Nature is a constant source of inspiration, birds and trees are a particularly favorite subject. Imaginary places and creatures have always held my interest too and what fun it is to invent my own little world with brush in hand. I find the controlled chaos of watercolor challenging and often after having done a painting in acrylic decide to explore the same subject in watercolor to evoke a different response, or vice versa.  
The art world is an exciting place to be these days, experimentation and crossing the line between disciplines is at an all time peak. Art materials are more versatile than ever before. It’s a delightfully luscious period in the history of art to be alive and painting. Read more . . . http://paintersshowcase.com/profile/debhillart
Title: Finding Water
Size: 30"x40"x1.5"
Medium: Acrylic
http://paintersshowcase.com/listing/finding-water
To see more paintings from Deborah Hill's at http://paintersshowcase.com/gallery/deborah-hill

No comments: