6.14.2009

a blast from my past



Title: Hide and Seek, 1990
Watercolor, 20" x 18"

I was digging through some of my things in storage, and I ran across this watercolor painting with cow skull and rattle snake. I can't believe it's been 19 years since I painted this. It was signed with my married name before I took my maiden name back.

The texture of this was achieved by laying tissue paper over aches watercolor paper. Yea, I was a texture freak even back then.

Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday before tomorrow's Monday grind.

3 comments:

GUGAW said...

this is really lovely - and fishy painting would be great!

Unknown said...

Fabulous painting, I am fond of skull drawings and paintings, yes me the pink lady.

whitemetal said...

I really love this picture. such a beautiful style. It's so nice when you find old things like that that haven't surfaced for a while!