10.27.2010

Work by Colleen Sparlin


It is my pleasure to introduce you to artist Colleen Sparlin. Sparlin is an artist of diversity. As you will see in her gallery here on Painter's Showcase, her interest are watercolor, acyclic and block printing with inks. I'd like to share with you one of her block prints called "Guiding Light". I personally have never attempted this technique and it something I have always wanted to try. I think this piece is wonderfully executed with use of minimal lines and strong structure.  This is available for purchase. Click on http://paintersshowcase.com/listing/guiding-light
Visit Colleen's gallery to see more of her creative works! http://paintersshowcase.com/gallery/colleen-sparlin 
Colleen Sparlin's Bio: I have been involved in the arts most of my life. I grew up in a family of artists. My father was a watercolorist; my mother worked in oils and sculpture. We grew up with art all around us, so naturally all my siblings and I continue our passion for art. Art means more to me than just creating, it is an expression of my thoughts and feelings. The mediums I choose reflect moods and inspiration, whether oils, acrylic, watercolor, printmaking reduction, sculpture, or ceramics. My work ranges in feel from impressionism to realism. The subject matter is as varied as the mediums I use.I have given classes and/or demonstrations at the Hesperia Art Association, High Desert Cultural Arts Foundation, Corona Art Association, and others and I am a member of the Scholastic Key Alliance, the Riverside Art Alliance, the National Art Education Association and I support the arts as a local high school arts teacher.When people view my work I hope they are touched by the beauty of creation and the peace that it holds. I am compelled to create and grow as an artist, it is what I am, my passion. My desire is that you can experience that passion through my art. http://paintersshowcase.com/profile/colleen-sparlin

No comments: